Employability Skills Project
The Employability Skills Programme is a Welsh Government funded employment project with the goal of providing training and work opportunities for long term unemployed adults. Each journey is personalised to the individual. Working in partnership with iTec, ELITE aim to upskill participants by providing employability workshops and work placements with the end of obtaining full time employment.
Participants take part in the programme in a voluntary capacity and are entitled to claim back travel expenses.
The Employability Skills programme is conducted over a 26-week period from start to finish. A commitment of 16 hours a week is required throughout the project duration.
The programme involves:
- 12 weeks – centre-based course activities.
- 14 weeks – meaningful work placement.
- Aged 18+
- Unemployed, registered with JCP and receiving benefits or claiming credits
- Can complete the programme before being eligible for the Work and Health programme
- Have little current or relevant work experience but are motivated and work focused
- Will be ready for paid employment within 6 months of engaging with the programme
© ELITE Supported Employment