The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion government fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people.
Funding available for each job will cover the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
There will also be funding available to support young people to develop new skills and to help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart funded job.
As a DWP recognised Gateway provider, ELITE can offer a specialist wrap around support to the young people you employ, through the Kickstart scheme.
How Can ELITE help?
ELITE will ensure that the young person has a bespoke and person centred package to increase their employability skills and improve their prospects of gaining a sustainable job. The support we can provide could include:
• Initial job start set up and induction to employer and young person.
• 1:1 Monthly Review (minimum).
• Job coaching and targeted in work support.
• Benefits advice and financial planning.
• Delivery of identified accredited and non-accredited training.
• An accreditation in ‘Promoting Safe Practice during Covid-19 and other Infectious diseases’.
• Completion of Access to Work applications.
• Provision of employability skills.
• Well-being support.
• Provision of a CV.
• Guided job searching and applications.
• Signposting and redeployment opportunities.
• Advice and approval to gain Disability Confident status.
- Economically inactive, currently claiming Universal Credit
- Aged between 16 and 24
- Placements can last for a period of up to six months, depending on the need of the employer
© ELITE Supported Employment